I would always look at that two-ingredient low carb healthy banana pancake recipe and think, "No way. How do you get anything to taste like pancakes without flour?" Well, I finally tried them and thought, "Not bad, but could be improved." So I worked up a killer recipe that, "Voila, tastes like pancakes." My athletic dancer kids love them and so do I. Ingredients
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Egg White
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Powder (Slightly Less)
- 1/8 Tsp Cinnamon (Slightly Less)
- Vegetable Oil
- Place all ingredients into a blender or hand emulsifier. Pulse once or twice. (Really, only once or twice Don't over do it. You don't want them too watery.)
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and then reduce to medium or just slightly above medium.
- Drizzle just enough vegetable oil to cover pan.
- Pour in batter into 2-3" rounds. Cook until bubbly and then flip. Cook until puffed up slightly.
- Serve with peanut butter, maple syrup, Nutella, or fruit preserves.
- Alternatively you could mash the banana and mix in the egg with a fork until just barely lumpy.
- Use vegetable oil, not canola or butter or anything else. Definitely do not cook them dry in a non-stick pan. The oil helps make the outside a bit crunchy and delicious.
- You could use two eggs, but I prefer the one egg/one egg white combination.
- I use slightly less than 1/8 each of the baking powder and cinnamon. I think in part it depends on how fresh your baking powder is and what kind of cinnamon you are using.
This is for one serving. Stack them high on a plate. Yum! Nutrition
About 200 calories without toppings.