I hate crunchy tuna salad. Let me repeat. I hate crunchy tuna salad. It tastes like I'm eating sea shells or sand with my fish. My mother originally created this simple tuna sandwich. Of course, we know she couldn't really cook, so I've improved it. (My friend MaryAnn who LOVES crunchy tuna salad actually said mine was better. Ha! There you go. No sea shells.) Enjoy!Ingredients
- 1 Seven Ounce Can Chicken Of the Sea Chunk Light Mostly Drained (Don't even try to substitute because I'll know.)
- 1 Tablespoon My Homemade Mayonnaise (Or Hain, but it will be your loss.)
- 2 Tablespoons Heinz Sweet Relish (NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
- 5 or 6 Shakes Onion Powder
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
- Spread on buttered bread or toast. We enjoy it on croissants, white bread, and bun halves. It can be served open face or closed cut into triangles. (Seriously, I mean only triangles.)