Nearing Mother's Day my mother would usually inquire as to the plan for the day. My dad would reply, "You're not my mother." His point being that the day was to celebrate one's mother, not one's spouse. My mother was forgiving so the same never went for Father's Day. In that spirit the Trophy Wife made this wonderful breakfast dish for me this year. Even though I am not her father.
| | Ingredients
- 18-20 Stale Dinner Rolls Torn Up
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Stick Softened Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Oats
Preheated 350 degrees F Preparation
Optional Add 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the topping mixture if you wish. Nutrition Did you see the heavy cream and butter? Don't ask. Notes Inspired by a recipe from Paula Dean.
- Mix and toss all ingredients except topping ingredients and bananas with torn up buns. Let sit about 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and oats.
- Slice two ripe bananas into ½ inch pieces.
- Pour ½ the mixture into a spray oiled lasagna pan.
- Sprinkle that first layer with cut bananas.
- Added remaining bread mixture.
- Drop topping mixture in small chunks all over pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until light brown on top.
- Let cool slightly and serve over warm maple syrup.