The first time the Trophy Wife took the kids swimming on her own, I played a little trick on her. I let her do all the prep work herself. The minute the kids were out of the pool, they were starving. She had no food along and wasn't prepared to get any either. So she learned the first law of Boy Scouts:
She also learned the first law of at home parenting:
- Children are always starving.
So be prepared with this great after school snack, because I can guarantee you the kids will be starving the minute they walk in the door.Ingredients
- 4 Large Slices Of Good Crusty Stale Bread Cubed (See my bread in a pot recipe.)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Spray oil 4 ramekins.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into ramekins.
- Bake 350 degress F for 30 minutes.
About 350 calories per ramekin. Notes
- These are large ramekins. You could probably use 6 smaller ramekins and cut the cooking time down to 25 minutes.
- The puddings will raise a bit during cooking so don't over fill them.