These light egg muffins are great for breakfast, brunch or snack time. They are low carbohydrate, low in calories, low fat and high in protein. They refrigerate well and can be reheatedIngredients
- 9 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup 1% Milk
- 1/8 Teaspoon Of Salt
- Pinch Of Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Finely Grated Cheese
- Just Shy Of 2 Cups Of Fine Bread Crumbs (About 2 Thick Slices Of Home Made Bread)
- Spray oil
NutritionAbout 95 calories per muffin depending on cheese used.Tips
- Spray a muffin pan heavily with spray oil.
- Pulse the bread to a very small size in a food processor or use store bought tiny bread crumbs.
- Place bread crumbs in bottom of muffin openings.
- Whisk the first four ingredients together and pour into muffin openings. They should be nearly full, but not full.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 17-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Remove from muffin tray using a small silicone spatula running it quickly around the edge and popping it out.
- Serve with hot sauce and fruit.
- These are light, so the bread crumbs and cheese can really change the flavor. Experiment.
- You could add bacon, ham or other flavorings easily to these muffins.
- Once refrigerated they can be reheated in a microwave on 50% power or in a toaster oven.