- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 carrots thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound prawns, de-veined, but not shelled
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp dried parslely
- cracked black pepper
- 1 packaged spaghetti cooked
- Dice the onions and thinly slice carrots on mandolin.
- Cook the onions and carrots in the butter over medium heat until onions are translucent
- Add garlic cloves crushed, stock and prawns. Cook about 10 minutes
- Add cream and seasonings. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
When a recipe starts with 2 sticks of butter, I just go with it and don't look at the calories.
Leaving the shells on the prawns makes for a messy dish, so you'll need empty bowls for the shells and plenty of napkins, but the extra flavor is worth it. If you don't want the mess, just shell the prawns.