| || |
We have some wonderful friends that we love to share time with at a great little restaurant called Black Sheep Pizza
in Minneapolis. They have a dish of warm olives that is absolutely fabulous to munch on while you down a cold local brew or a lovely glass of wine. But be careful as the olives are hot and you could burn your tongue. So take your time, let the olives steep in the oil, mind your tongue and share them slowly just like you would a great friendship! Here is my version inspired by good friends and Black Sheep.
| || |Ingredients
- 2 Cups Mixed Olives (Castelvetrano, Nicoise, Kalamata)
- 1/8 Cup Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 To 4 Garlic Cloves
- Rosemary Sprig
- Pinch Of Salt
- Combine all ingredients in pan and heat over medium until boiling.
- Serve warm in a dish that will retain heat.
- Enjoy with cheese and cold beer or wine.
Multiple 1 oz servings.Nutrition
About 10 to 12 calories per olive.Tips
- You can use pitted or unpitted olives, but the olives with pits will take longer to cool which could be a plus if you want to savor them.
- Other herbs work well too.
- Alternatively, this recipe can be cooked in an oven. They will take about 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Longer at a lower temp.
- Stuffing the olives with small rectangles of cheese after cooking is a superb addition. I used a light Gouda in this photo.