- 4 Large Yellow Onions
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Peel onions in half and slice. Place in crock pot.
- Drizzle olive oil over onions and toss while in crock pot.
- Salt and toss a bit more.
- From here you have two options. You can cook them on high for about 7 hours stirring every hour or so just a bit so they don't burn, or you can cook them on low for about 12 hours. Overnight is best.
- They will reduce to about 1/8 of what they were and will be dark brown and sweet to taste.
Multiple 1 oz servings.
20 calories per 1 oz.
- You can refrigerate in a tight closed container up to 10 days or you can freeze them in smaller individual containers. We usually eat it too fast to freeze.
- Try them in fish tacos. Yum.
| || || |