- 10 Medium Sized Carrots Sliced
- 30 Brussels Sprouts Cut In Half
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Fennel
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 2 Pounds Tail On Shrimp (You Could Use Prawns)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 10 Tbs Butter
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Juice Of Two Lemons
- 1 Cup White Wine (Pinot Grigio If You Have It)
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt the butter with olive oil over medium heat in a large pan or pot.
- Add the Brussels sprouts cut in half with the cut side down so they brown a bit.
- Use a mandolin to slice the carrots consistently. Add them once the sprouts are cooked about half way. Maybe 5 minutes into the cooking. Add the garlic, fennel, and onion. Season.
- Cook until the carrots just start to get soft, about 5 -8 minutes.
- Add the drained and rinsed shrimp, lemon juice and the White Wine. Season.
- Toss and cook about 8-10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. They should be pink. You may need to cover the last few minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve over whipped potatoes. I prefer whipped to mashed in this dish because I like the smooth summer texture. You could also serve alone or with rice or pasta.
About 375 calories per serving without the potatoes or starch.
For a low carb alternative serve this without a starch.
You could cut the butter out and reduce calories, but trust me, it isn't worth it.