- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Vidalia Onion
- 5 Celery Stalks
- 1/4 Cup Fennel
- 1 Pound Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 5 Medium Sized Red Potatoes
- 4 Cups Organic Chicken Broth (32 Ounce Box)
- Salt & Pepper
- Medium chop the onion and celery. Finely chop the fennel.
- Cut the bacon into lardons, or small strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron pot on medium. Add the onion, celery and fennel and cook about 8 minutes.
- Add the bacon and continue to cook uncovered about another 15 minutes until the bacon has cooked well.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the potatoes into thin slices. I use a mandolin because it slices quickly and the potatoes will cook fast and even in the soup.
- Add the potatoes and toss.
- Add the chicken stock, cover and reduce to medium low and simmer about 20 minutes.
270 Calories Per Serving
As an option you may add a bit of half and half at the end to make a creamier soup, but remember this will add calories.
| || |