Quick Meat Pasta Sauce
- 1 1/4 Pounds Low Fat Organic Ground Beef Or Bison
- 1 Large Can Trader Giotto's Low Fat Toscano Marinara Sauce
- 1 Small Can Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Large Pot Of Water
- Fresh Parmesan
- Place a large pot of pasta water on the stove with the power burner on high if you have it.
- In a high edged skillet, brown the seasoned ground beef slightly in the olive oil. Do not overcook it.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- You can use any type of sturdy pasta for this sauce. Lately I have been using Dreamfields Pasta which is lower in carb content. You can get it at Super Target and other grocery stores.
- You can either toss the pasta with the sauce or serve it on top. Add grated fresh parmesan and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
505 Calories Per Serving Pasta & Sauce.
315 Calories Per Sauce Serving.
190 Calories Per Dreamfields Spaghetti Pasta Serving.
I typically grind my own beef. I use a combination of boneless short ribs and pot roast in a ratio of 1:1. Many people also add brisket, but I've found that really does very little to the mix. I grind it fresh and only refrigerate, never freeze it. I know this might not be too convenient, but if you make up a few pounds and plan out the week, you'll be fine. I'll post another time about beef grinding techniques. You'll never go back.
I know that BPA is an issue with canned foods, especially tomatoes. So we chose to limit the amount of canned foods we eat and try to buy from companies that have better lining in their cans such as Eden. In this case, we are hoping Trader Joe's, which has one of the largest BPA free canned sections, will either start canning this wonderful sauce in glass or change the lining.
| || |