Fall is in full swing which means we get to cook those wonderful oven and crock pot baked dishes or hot dishes or casseroles or whatever you want to call them. I whipped this up in just a few minutes tonight and it was so dang good I ate almost the whole thing before the family came home. Actually, they never came home. Yippeee! More for me! P.S. This dish is gluten free for all ye who live that new dietary direction and you won't even notice! Ingredients
- 1 Jar Kirkland Marinara
- 2 1/4 Cups Solare Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 8 Oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Freshly Shredded Light Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan
- Brown ground beef. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Place 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of crock pot.
- Mix the remaining marinara sauce with the ground beef that HAS NOT been drained.
- Once the beef and marinara mixture has warmed, mix the whipped cream cheese into it until almost melted.
- Layer in the following order: 3/4 cup pasta, 1/3 of meat sauce, 1/3 cup of each cheese. Do that three times.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 3 hours.
Serves 4 with a little under 500 calories per serving. © Russell W Peterson | DayParentDad.com | 9.04.14