This past Monday Stiletto2 got up and made me a breakfast of banana pancakes and coffee; and served it to me in bed. I think it was the best gift a stay at home dad can get on a Monday morning. After that I took her out to practice driving in the school parking lot where we drove over two curbs and a pylon. I didn't blow a gasket and after she got to go to the Twins game with Pistol2, her boyfriend. Perhaps she had a successful plan with her pancakes in bed scheme? So today, I got up and made her pancakes in return. A new one which she liked very much. I hope you enjoy it too. I promise, I had no scheme with the Nutella, bacon, or chocolate...really.
- 1 Cup Cool Water
- 1 1/8 Cup Krusteaz Pancake Mix
- 4 Slices Cooked Bacon Diced
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Nutella
- 1/2 Hershey's Chocolate Bar Chopped
- Butter For Topping
- Non Stick Spray Or Bacon Fat For Cooking
- Cook bacon and drain until cool.
- Dice the bacon.
- Heat the Nutella in a microwave approximately 15 seconds.
- Combine the Nutella and water with a whisk.
- Add the pancake mix and stir with a fork until combined. Do not over sir.
- Add the chocolate and bacon and stir to combine.
- Add water or pancake mix to adjust thickness.
- Cook in nonstick spray oiled pan or fry in bacon fat. Cook until first side starts to bubble then flip for another minute or so.
- Serve with butter as is or with an egg and bacon side.
About 240 calories per serving cooked in non stick spray without butter topping.Tips
If you want more bacon flavor, definitely fry the cakes in the bacon fat. However, you will need to adjust the calories upward.
Sometimes as an at home parent, a dog day afternoon comes along. Actually, more than you'd like to admit. You have been called upon by everyone else throughout the week. Schedules are shifted without your knowledge. People make plans and forget to tell you. A family crisis arises. And more.. In the middle of it all, you put on your super parent at home cape and rise to the occasion. With no groceries, no time, no patience, a phone constantly ringing, children running in and out, the dogs begging at your side; you whip up this little number in less than an hour. The kids loved it. They gave it two thumbs up. Siskel would be proud. Hooray would be jealous. You are pleased and think...oh, to be a dog.